CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Cub" Scout Falls




Last week I took the kids on a hike up the first leg of Timpanogos Peak. It is called Scout Falls but Belle kept calling it Cub Scout Falls. Total time was 3.5 hours with rests, lunch at the falls, and hiking. The kids did great! And I was exhausted by the end. Here are some pictures of our latest adventure.

The Hike




The Scenery

The view from the top...gorgeous!

(Belle found the first fossil on a rock by the falls, then we kept seeing them all over...good eye Belle!)

Lunch at the Falls

3 comments:

Bethany Gilson said...

Leisa that looks like a blast! You are the most fun Mom!

Cammie said...

That looks like a great time. I wonder if my kids could make it up there? I would love to take them for a hike.

Leisa said...

It was a little harder than I thought it would be. Belle got really tired and whiney...but that is typical behavior. If you went slow enough you'd make it. Although there are several streams you have to cross. So keep that in mind. The best hike for kids is Lake Mary and Silver Lake. Google hikes to find a good one.