CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Sweet Gimp

You'd think that you would have to worry about your kids getting stitches, breaking bones, getting concussions, etc. You'd think that if they play as hard as they do some sort of injury is inevitable. You'd also think that if they have yet to take a trip to the emergency room, your in the clear.


Enter Jeremy. Since we've been married he has broken his thumb and his ankle and his jaw. These are only the broken bones confirmed by an ex ray but I am sure there have been more. He has torn ligaments and tendons aplenty, received stitches (with serious prodding on my part), and has been concussed twice. He has had two surgeries-one for his jaw and one to remove his appendix and this is just what I can remember.


His latest is a broken ankle and partially torn ligaments. While playing softball. And I thought when he gave up football the doctors could take a break! I still love you my sweet gimp!

Clearly he is not excited that I have a camera pointed toward him. He really isn't as miserable as he looks in this picture. In fact he finished out the game (they won BTW) after he had messed up his ankle. Tough or stupid? Your guess.

3 comments:

Kara said...

That totally sucks! I feel really bad for him. Hopefully whatever broke his ankle looked really cool why he was doing it!

Meghan said...

I was looking through your blog last night when Aidan walked into my room. He saw this picture of Jeremy and said, "Is that Uncle Josh?"
Pretty funny!

Leisa said...

Same facial expression I guess! That is funny. Jer gets mistaken for Josh all the time. Usually from old highschool people we run into.