CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ed'zoo'cation

On April 29th, 2008 I was lucky enough to accompany Tre to the Hogle Zoo for his school field trip. I guess many parents volunteered to go but there was only enough spots for 6 chaperone's. I'm thinking that since I am so fun to be around Mrs. McCracken chose me as one of them. Ha! Actually she chose classroom volunteers that come each week to help out. That and we have a special bond from staying up all night together at the school during that horrendous snow storm this winter.


Either way I got to go and loved that Tre was excited about this. He even thanked me for volunteering. He told all his friends that his mom was coming with them. He won't always be like that so I am cherishing it for now.


Mrs. McCracken sure knows me! She gave me the four most active and disruptive boys in the class to watch. Yes, Tre was one of them. They thought they would be sneaky, but they didn't get away with anything. After attempts to lose me by running ahead, an attempt to climb park fences, and one attempt to climb out a boys bathroom window they decided to give up. Yes I can (and am willing to) run as fast as a 3rd grader. I can pull one down off a fence by the back of his shirt when asking didn't work and my trusty spy (zoo worker whom I really don't know at all) caught the boys before they could get out the bathroom window. Mrs. McCracken made them clean up garbage from the picnic area for punishment for that little stunt.


We all smiled and laughed the entire day. I was exhausted by the end but it was worth it to hear the four boys say this was the best field trip ever and they were glad they didn't get another (read: boring) parent for their group! Thanks Tre!


Any idea how loud a bus full of 3rd graders can get? Did you know it takes an hour to get there and an hour back to his school?


Tre, Lucas, Matt, and Josh...oh, and the elephant. These boys were more impressed with the poop on the ground and seeing the animals pee than the actual animal itself. I have never heard the word "poop" so much in my life!



Just checkin' out the zebra's


Cute penguins!


This Lynx looks cuddly enough to take home....yeah right!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Sheesh! I don't peek at this blog for a few hours and suddenly there are three posts! I'm glad you had such a good time at the zoo. Guess you burned a few extra calories that day, eh? Too bad about Jeremy's ankle. I'm sure he'll be up to breaking the next bone in no time!

Cammie said...

Oh my, what a fun and exciting day. I bet Tre's friends all had a crush on you!!