CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 13, 2010

"I don't know!"...

These are the words I kept hearing over and over on the phone Sunday evening. Tre called (thank goodness he had his cell phone and remembered how to look up my number) crying at about 5pm. He said he needed to be picked up, that he crashed his bike. Here is how the conversation went:

Tre: Can you pick me up?
Me: Why? Are you ok?
Tre: I don't know!
Me: What happened?
Tre: I don't know!
Me: Where are you?
Tre: I don't know! I think by Savannah's house.
Me: Are you hurt?
Tre: (crying harder) I don't know!
Me: I'll be right there.

Here is what I found...


Bumped, bruised and bleeding. Didn't know what happened. Couldn't remember any details. Dazed and confused. Mild concussion for sure. Crying, nauseous and scared.

But within 2 hours he was starting to remember and feeling a little better. Next morning he woke up with a headache, sore neck and sore elbow.

What happened you ask? Well, apparently Tre was riding his bike down a pretty big hill with his skateboard tied on to the back. He was NOT wearing a helmet. The skateboard got in his way and tripped him up. He swerved, crashed and took the full force of the fall on his head (see bloody goose egg above).

Moral of the story is...Always wear your helmet, never tie your skateboard to your bike and go down a hill, and always carry your cell phone!!

3 comments:

Maura said...

Wow! For a minute there I thought you must be talking about one of my kids! : ) In all seriousness though, I'm glad Tre is okay. What a scary thing, for both of you. Good thing he has a great Mom to take care of him! I hope he is feeling better today.

Meghan said...

What would we do without cell phones?? Glad Tre is ok...sheesh!

Kara said...

That is wild. Poor Tre, but I'm glad to hear that he is feeling much better.