CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

1 Mom, 1 Boy, 1 Fun/Active Date

Tre at the trailhead


Mom and son outing

On the hike


Pretending to lift the rocks

This part of the trail was nicknamed 'The Tunnel' by Tre


View of the city (it was windy so it is dusty down there)


Pretty views


More pretty views with Tre in the foreground


Upper Falls


Tre by the falls


Tre and I with the falls in the background


More pics of the falls


Tre happy that we made it to the waterfall. We somehow missed the lower falls, hiked on and on until we lost the trail and had to backtrack, I was just about to turn back and follow the river down when I went to find a bush to relieve myself and stumbled upon the upper falls. Didn't even realize until we got home and looked it up that we missed the first falls. No wonder it was a longer hike than I was expecting!


Tre took a picture of me with the falls in the background


Pretty tired boy, but he did it and was super proud of himself. After we stopped for Wendy's and ate Frosty's and fries then hit the gas station for Gatorade, treats and an energy drink for me :) In all we hiked over 5 miles of strenuous terrain in 3.5 hours and 80 degree weather. Good job buddy! Thanks for spending the day with me.

0 comments: