CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Anabelle


I don't get this girl. She may look cute but if what is on the inside that counts then we are in trouble. Ask anyone that knows her and they will tell you that she has serious attitude. Nothing really wrong with this for the most part. Sure you want your girl to be outspoken, outgoing, and not a pushover. But what about the mom that has to deal with that DAILY? I have tried ignoring it. I have tried punishing her when she gets sassy (aka rude). I have tried nicely telling her that it is better to be nice then mean. No go. This hasn't worked.


So where do we go from here? I am so frustrated today! I tried to pick out two (favorite) outfits for her to wear today and I got brutally rebuffed. So she picked out her own outfit. Okay, I guess I can overlook this. The problem lies in that this is a constant struggle with EVERYTHING.


Recent example...She wants to come with me to work so she doesn't have to stay home with daddy, but doesn't get her way on this. So, when I tell her that she gets to come with me to a baby shower this Saturday I thought she would be happy. Oh, no. She wants to stay home with daddy because she hates baby stuff. Whatever.


I know this is not 'just a phase' because it has been going on since birth. And really got bad at about age 2. She is 5. The only thing that helps me feel better is that she is an ANGEL at preschool. She loves it and her teacher says she is so well behaved and helpful to the younger kids. What? My Anabelle? So what does that say about me. Am I doing something wrong or does she just not like me.


Reverse psychology is where it is at. I have to make her think that it was her idea or that I don't want her to do something so she will do it. Example...we are going to Hawaii in a couple weeks. I am really excited so that means she isn't. She doesn't want to swim in the ocean, she doesn't want to ride on an airplane, and she doesn't want to stay in a hotel. Just typical Anabelle, so I told her that she is too young to swim in the ocean and has to stay on the beach. I will also tell her that they might not let her on the airplane so we will have to sneak her on. Then if I tell her that I don't like the hotel we are staying in then she will want to go there.


This is too much work! Can't I just have a break? Is this going to end or am I in it for life.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh, goodness. I haven't had to deal with this particular issue with my boys so I don't have any great advice. I guess I'd say just try to be consistent with her and maybe she'll grow out of it? We can hope, anyway. Sorry I don't have anything more insightful...

Heidi said...

I wish I had some great words of wisdom... but I don't! I sometimes wish there was an easy answer to parenting, but as we see each kid is different so there is never the same answer. Good luck!

Cammie said...

Oh my! We must NEVER let her and Cali get together! They could take over the world. No kidding!