CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

If you know me, then you know my favorite holiday is the 4th of July. I love the weather, the traditions, the food, the fireworks, the friends and family and the good times.

We start our holiday a few days early by making some sort of patriotic craft. This year it was dressing up our shirts from last year with glow-in-the-dark fabric paint and decorating bags to hold the many pieces of candy collected at the Murray Parade:




Then we wake up early the day of the parade, purchase doughnuts from Harmons and head out to the spot my dad has saved for us. We love the candy, the doughnuts, the parade entries and I especially love the JEEPS!:




After the parade it is off to Grandma's pool for diving board sports, more food, family and fun. The kids swam for 7 straight hours!:





Now it's off to Murray Park for frisbee, football, playing on the playground, rolling down the hill, reading, eating KFC, snacking on treats, socializing, playing with glow sticks and bracelets and waiting for fireworks to start:


What a great day! We are exhausted but happy by the end of the day that starts at 6am and ends at 11pm. Wow. I can't wait to do it all again next year...

2 comments:

Beck said...

So fun! And your dolphin adventure...OMG!!!! That is the coolest, most random, LUCKY thing ever. So jealous!!!! Will you send me a request to watch the videos. Me and my boys were trying to watch them and it said it was private. Your Summer is making me jealous girl :) So cool!

Leisa said...

Okay, Becky. I think I fixed the videos. You should be able to view them now.