CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July Fun

The 4th of July is my all time favorite holiday. To start the day off we get up bright and early to pick up Butter Cream Maple Bars from Harmon's. Then it's off to the Murray Parade.


In this collage from top to bottom and left to right:

  1. Belle showing us her huge muscles after ripping out 6, yes 6! pull ups on the Marines float. She had the WHOLE crowd cheering and shouting. I was one proud momma. I was the one who taught her how to do pull ups.
  2. Jeff and his favorite little punk niece, Belle.
  3. Belle and Tre hanging from the tree waiting for the parade to start.
  4. Braden and Tre being...um, cool. Is that the right word?
  5. Belle wrapped up in her blanket. It was a little chilly in the morning.
  6. The BOYS: Jer, Braden, Tre and Jason standing by Braden's new truck!
  7. The back of Belle's shirt and a picture of those cute patriotic bows I made.

Next up come swimming, diving board contests and a BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa's house:

Tre

Kara (she didn't want a picture, but instead of flipping me the bird...like some people I know, she covered her face then decided to just cheese it)

Jeff and Belle swimming

Tre showing me his injury. He and Braden were playing "light sabers" when Tre fell onto his handle which scratched and bruised his chest.

Typical Jeremy and smiling Jeff

Jeff

Steph and Kara getting a tan


Braden passed out in the hammock chair. He was up at 3 in the morning to save our seats for the parade. What a great guy! I guess we'll let him sleep a little.



Anabelle was the first one in the pool and the last one to get out. She is my little dolphin. I love taking pictures of her when she doesn't know it. That's why there are so many. Such a cutie!!



To end our (looong) day we go to Murray Park for some games, food, laughs and FIREWORKS!:

Kara pulling a funny face
Kara and I (don't mind me...I've been up since 5)

My tech savvy parents

Belle with her eyes "wide open"

Tre, Brook and Belle showing us their "surprised face"

Playing games (Belle, Steph, Brook, Tre and Braden)

My mom trying to tickle Jer so he'll smile (for once) for the camera...it didn't work


Putting on bug spray so no one gets West Nile Disease :)


The family (Kara, Jeff, Jason, Jer, Mom, Roger)

Kara and Jeff



The kids and their glow sticks and bracelets


Jer and I

There you have it. A day in the life of the Smith/Perry/Mounteer/Fuhriman family. I'm glad I have you all to share my favorite holiday with. Thanks!

3 comments:

Becky said...

What no 5 AM 10 K? Looks like you had a very fun holiday. We forgot about swimming or we might have joined you

Staci said...

The fam looks good! What a great day! I miss you all and love you very much! Take care of yourselves

Leisa said...

Good to hear from you Staci. Thanks!