CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer!





Can I just say that I LOVE summer? I do. And here is why:


  • No morning routine to get Tre to the bus stop on time and no homework in the evenings. We can stay in jammies all morning if we want. Mornings are just so relaxed during the summer. And the kids can play all night without worrying about homework.

  • "Can Tre/Belle play?" I love that the kids get to play with their friends (outside of course) all day. They are more active and imaginative with friends around. Also, the only thing I need to do is occasionally settle a fight between Belle and Paige, make sure Tre and his friends don't throw rocks at our house (or cars), and get them water and popsicles. Other than that I read or clean or blog.

  • Family Day, Cleaning Day, Field Trip Day, Friends Day, Swimming Day, Kids in the Kitchen Day, and Free Day. I plan a calendar and assign an activity for each day of the week.

Sunday starts out as family day where we hang out together either at Nana and Papa's or Raging Waters.


Monday is when I get help cleaning the house (yay!).


Tuesday is usually the day we go somewhere fun and educational. Some examples: The Zoo, the Aquarium, the Children's Museum, Liberty Park, Thanksgiving Point, hiking, the downtown Library (this is fun! we take Trax there) or Lagoon (this isn't very educational, but fun just the same.)


Wednesday we stay home and the kids can play with friends as long as they want.


Thursday is the day we go to Grandmas house to swim


Friday Tre and Belle pick out a recipe from their children's cookbook and we all make it together. First we have to shop for the ingredients, then we come home and make it and eat it. This is really fun for me, and the kids love it too. Although they typically pick out desserts.


Saturday is a free day. They get to pick something to do with both Jer and I within reason. We also will make a fire and roast marshmallows at night.



  • I like having both of my children home with me and spending time with them. I feel bad when Tre is at school and Belle and I do things together. I always feel guilty, but in the summer we all get to do fun things together.

  • SUN! If the sun would come out and stay out I would love it. So far the summer has been rainy and cold but I know the sun will come out soon. I almost broke out in song (Annie)!

  • And last but not least I love the memories. Most of my really good childhood memories are of summer vacations, activities, swimming, etc. I know the kids will look back on these summers and remember how fun and relaxed they are. They will make summers good for their kids and so on. This is the time of year I get to bond with my kids and instill great memories.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

As much as I love my job, I'd sure love to be able to stay home with my boys all summer. It's really awesome that you have so much fun stuff planned to do together. Keep up the good work, Mom!

Cammie said...

You are really raising the bar for mothers everywhere! You really are amazing.

Leisa said...

The fun is for me as much as it's for them. Did I mention that I like to have fun?

The White Family said...

WOW.....Don't tell my kids about all of that. I don't know if you will read this in time but they are having the Couch Tour (Pro Skate Boarding) at Layton Hills mall tomorrow at noon.. Your son would love it!!! Have a fun summer...

Leisa said...

That sounds fun, but we have plans for Lagoon on Wednesday and that is a lot of driving. Too bad it wasn't at South Towne Mall! You are right, Tre would love it.

Heidi said...

Can I come live at your house? Sounds like a non-stop party! I love babies, but I can't wait until it is easier to go places!